The participants will have an opportunity during the lunch period to sit and talk to people that are in a career that they may be interested in pursuing.
Table Talk Time: 11:45am – 1:00pm
Please be prepared to tell them a few things about your and your career. For example:
- How did you get interested in your career?
- What experience did you have that helped you determine that you would like to pursue your career?
- How much education did you need to get into your career?
- What is a day or week look like for you? What kind of things do you do?
- What other jobs have you had that helped you get into your career?
- Do you enjoy what you do every day?
- How do you balance family and career life?
Most likely the participants will want to talk to several people during their lunch time, and they may ask a couple of questions and move on. This is a part of our process of helping them with career discovery. If they get up and leave in the middle of you answering questions, please do not be offended or disappointed – it is a normal part of moving around the room and getting a chance to talk with several people.
Please feel free to bring any swag from your business to promote your company as well as talking about your specific career and your personal journey.
Please be authentic and describe the challenges (learns) you have had as well as your wins.